After turning the lock Screen, you need to enter the account password in Windows 10. Perhaps you have lost the lock screen due to several third-party software. When the computer boots, the background instantly loads, as it had been in previous versions of the operating system. A similar image can be observed when exiting sleep mode.
This Report will tell you how to enable the lock screen in Windows 10. By default, after a clean installation of the system, the lock And also, if you move away from the workplace, you can always lock the computer using the Win + L key combination.
Missing Windows 10 Lock Screen
The updated lock screen is Really one of the best creations of the Windows 10 operating system. Nobody can use a computer, if only they don’t know the user information. Furthermore, it displays a lot of useful data. If necessary, it is easy to turn off notifications on the lock screen.
- Third-party software. Especially for the new version, a enormous number of utilities have been created for the so-called optimisation of this machine. Often, they let you disable many unnecessary services, parameters and functions. However, by mistake, the user can remove the lock screen in Windows 10.
- OS update. Users encountered a lot of problems, especially after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It is recommended before updating to be certain all drivers are compatible with the updated Windows 10.
- OS integrity. Often there is The most reliable Is a clean reinstallation of the system. But nevertheless, developers have built Several tools to verify and restore the
How to enable the lock screen in Windows 10 Registry Editor
Before making changes to the Registry, it is recommended that you back it up. Experience shows that a previously created copy saves a lot of user time. Since it’s possible to perform recovery and rollback of changes in just a couple clicks.
- Open the classic Registry Editor by running the command: regedit from the Win + R window.
- Stick to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Policies / Microsoft / Windows / Personalization .
- Change the value of the NoLockScreen parameter to 0 (if Set to 1, it will not be)
Changes will take effect only after the next restart of the computer. Just on the next turn on, check if The lock display works or not. In most cases, this completely solves the problem, since most utilities switch off the screen in this way.
When we go to the location Settings> Personalization> Lock display and pick the Wait time settings for the screen, then we are transferred to Power and sleep mode. From the list When starting from mains power, enter sleep mode after, choose the time value.
Immediately after exiting Hibernation, the user will be taken to the Windows 10 lock display. Therefore, the time for automatic locking will directly depend on the time after which the machine will be put to sleep. We recommend that you lock the system yourself if necessary, given the fact it is enough to press two keys.
It happens that a lock screen is not displayed upon loading, but The Windows 10 desktop immediately loads. This means that most likely you Accidentally disabled it used the software to remove it. But Don’t be Upset, because to enable it it is often enough to change the value of one